This module offers complete training for first-trimester ultrasound evaluation using transabdominal and transvaginal scanning approaches on the Ultrasound Mentor’s female manikin.
The virtual environment includes procedural tasks and clinical cases for training of the Obstetrics First Trimester examination during 11-13+6 weeks of gestation. The tasks offer step-by-step guidance for learning structured transvaginal and transabdominal protocols. During the task, the trainee practice standard views acquisition, anatomy recognition and measurements. The clinical cases present realistic scenarios, with varying levels of diagnostic complexity. Transabdominal and transvaginal scanning can be alternated, allowing the user to learn and practice the acquisition of accustomed standard views using both approaches. Advanced diagnostics is available using 3D ultrasound mode, and measurement tools such as NT, CRL, BPD and HC. Multiple educational aids are at the learner’s disposal to accelerate the learning curve. Focused Clinical Scenario cases include healthy and abnormal scans at different gestational ages, with advanced measurements tools available.
The module complies with the AIUM–ACR–ACOG–SPR-SRU, 2014 guidelines.
Expanding the library of cases is enabled based on real patient scans using the MyCase add-on software for Ultrasound Mentor.
- To perform a complete Obstetrics First trimester examination, practicing both the transabdominal and the transvaginal approaches
- To learn and gain confidence in obtaining the Obstetrics First Trimester protocol standard views, including fetal body midsagittal plane, fetal head axial plane, fetal transthalamic plane, fetal abdominal axis plane, fetal spine sagittal plane and more
- To accurately perform accustomed fetal measurements such as CRL, NT, BPD, HC and more
- To gain experience in diagnosing true-to-life conditions and pathologies, focusing on establishing viability, GA, multiple fetuses, amnionicity and chorionicity, increased nuchal translucency, gross anatomy deficiencies and more
- To become proficient in all aspects of Obstetrics First Trimester scan, measurements, image interpretation and reporting prior to scanning real patients
Sonographers, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Radiology
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor OB 1st Trimester module?