This module is used on the Ultrasound Mentor’s female manikin. Transabdominal and Transvaginal probes can be alternated during a case for optimal demonstration of the desired views.
The module offers a complete 20 weeks fetus assessment, including the evaluation of gestational age, cardiac activity, basic anatomy survey, placental appearance and location, and more. It uniquely features fetal movements in various positions. Clinical cases present realistic scenarios for diagnosis of structural abnormalities in various complexities. The diagnostic environment is enhanced using color Doppler and fetal biometry measurements and auto-calculations.
The module complies with ACR–ACOG–AIUM–SRU and ISUOG guidelines, and Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound Curriculum and Competency Assessment in Residency Training Programs: Consensus Report
Expanding the library of cases is enabled based on real patient scans using the MyCase add-on software for Ultrasound Mentor.
- To learn and gain confidence in demonstrating OB 2nd Trimester recommended standard views, including transthalamic, four-chamber heart, abdomen, kidneys, femur and more
- To learn and gain confidence in demonstration OB 2nd Trimester optional standard views such as 3-vessels, 3-Vessels and trachea, and kidneys coronal views
- To practice sonographic recognition of second-trimester fetal structures
- To accurately perform gestational age determination using fetal biometry measurements and auto-calculations
- To practice utilization of color Doppler and PW as a qualitative hemodynamic diagnosis tool in the various heart and peripheral standard views
- To practice acquisition of meaningful ultrasound images and cine loops while performing obstetrics second trimester anatomy assessment
- To practice reporting clinical findings for various virtual patient cases, establishing viability, gestational age and diagnosing true-to-life malformations
Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Radiology, Sonographers
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor OB 2nd Trimester module?