This module provides hands-on training for neck ultrasound examinations, using a designated linear probe. It incorporates hands-on procedural tasks and virtual patient clinical cases, accompanied by comprehensive educational aids.
The tasks include self-guided step-by-step neck scanning protocols (Thyroid and Advanced Measurements). The case scenarios include varying diagnostic complexities such as a healthy patient, suspicious, benign and malignant thyroid nodule as well as carotid artery stenosis and dissection.
- To methodically perform complete neck examinations, acquiring and capturing standard views using linear probe
- To gain confidence in thyroid scanning
- To practice the utilization of color Doppler and power doppler as a qualitative hemodynamic diagnosis tool
- To demonstrate, evaluate and report diverse vascular abnormalities such as dissection and stenosis
- To demonstrate competency in systematic performance of neck examination scanning, documenting, and reporting
Sonographers, Interventional Radiologists, Endocrinologists, ICU Physicians, Vascular surgeons
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor Neck module?