This module includes procedural tasks and clinical cases for the training of lung examination. It incorporates hands-on tasks and cases, accompanied by comprehensive educational aids. The procedural tasks are a guided step-by-step performance of examination protocols (BLUE and F-LUS).
The clinical cases are aimed at training in both the technical and clinical aspects of the examination. The cases present realistic scenarios with different diagnostic complexities that assist in the recognition of various pathologies such as pneumothorax, pleural effusion, pneumonia, pulmonary edema and lung artifacts such as A lines, B lines, Z lines, lung sliding, lung point, etc. The module allows training to the full extent of the examination and includes practicing of the various lung zones, documentation and clinical reporting in a full clinical environment. In some cases, the trainee can select the severity of the pathologies from mild to severe.
- To perform a complete lung exam
- To learn and gain confidence in performing the BLUE protocol examination
- To learn and gain confidence in performing the F-LUS protocol examination
- To diagnose lung and pleura pathologies
- To recognize and identify the various lung artifacts
- To practice clinical findings reporting for various conditions, findings and severities
- To demonstrate competency in systematic performance of lung scanning, documenting, and reporting
Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology, Trauma, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine
Lung Module Introduction
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor Lung module?