This module is used on the Ultrasound Mentor’s female manikin.
It includes a complete cardiac assessment of a 20 week of gestation fetus, including evaluation of heart position, axis, structures and rhythm. Variations in fetal situs and movements create a most realistic training environment. Procedural tasks promote following a structured anatomy assessment protocol comprised of standard views acquisition and anatomy recognition. Clinical cases present realistic scenarios to diagnose structural abnormalities for various complexities. The diagnostic environment is enhanced using color Doppler, M-mode, PW, cardiac biometry measurements and auto-calculations. Focused Clinical Scenario cases include both healthy and abnormal fetal heart scans at different gestational ages. A focused diagnostic environment includes advanced measurement tools and clinical findings report. Upon completion of the training case, a detailed performance assessment is issued.
This module complies with AIUM–ACR–ACOG–SMFM-ASE, 2013 and ISUOG, 2013 guidelines
- To learn and gain confidence in demonstrating Fetal Echo recommended standard views, including 4 chambers, LVOT, RVOT, 3VT, Aortic Arch, Ductal Arch and more
- To practice sonographic recognition of fetal heart structures
- To accurately assess cardiac malformations using fetal biometry measurements and auto-calculations
- To practice utilization of color Doppler as a qualitative hemodynamic diagnosis tool in the various heart and peripheral standard views
- To practice diagnosis of true-to-life malformations
Obstetrics & Gynecology, Radiology, Cardiology, Echocardiography, Sonography
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor Fetal Echo module?