This module is used on the Ultrasound Mentor’s female manikin. It includes healthy and abnormal fetal brain and spine scans at various gestational ages with scenarios such as neural tube defects, CMV infection, Heterotopia and Zika virus infection. Trainees may use a transvaginal or transabdominal approach to scan through real ultrasound image cases. A focused diagnostic environment is offered including advanced measurement tools and clinical findings report.
- To learn and gain confidence in fetal brain scans
- To practice sonographic recognition of fetal brain structures using transvaginal and transabdominal probe
- To accurately perform fetal brain measurements using fetal biometry and cranium measurements and auto-calculations
- To practice acquisition of meaningful ultrasound images and cine loops while performing fetal brain anatomy assessment
- To practice diagnosing and reporting clinical findings of various fetal brain and spine malformations
Obstetrics & Gynecology, Radiology, Sonography
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor Fetal Neurosonography module?