This module incorporates procedural tasks and clinical cases for the training of bedside echocardiography examination at Point of Care (POC). Among the tasks are guided step-by-step performance of standard views acquisition and anatomy recognition on a healthy patient. The clinical cases present realistic scenarios in an increasing level of diagnostic complexity. The module also includes video tutorials of actual ultrasound examinations, exhibiting a variety of pathologies.
- To methodically perform complete bedside echocardiography examinations, acquiring and capturing echocardiography standard views
- To gain confidence in demonstrating basic echocardiography standard views, including parasternal lo
- To practice sonographic recognition of cardiovascular structures, including ventricles, atriums, valves and major blood vessels, from different standard views
- To familiarize oneself with basic and advanced ultrasound controls, understanding their sign, parasternal short, apical 4 chambers and subcostal views, and additional views, such as apical 2 chambers, apical 3 chambers, suprasternal and IVC view significance to the diagnostic procedure
- To practice the utilization of color Doppler as a qualitative hemodynamic diagnosis tool in the various echocardiography standard views
- To demonstrate, evaluate and report diverse cardiovascular abnormalities, commonly encountered at the ER or Point of Care (POC) settings, such as pericardial effusion, tamponade, pulmonary embolism, aortic dissection and more
General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiology, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor Bedside Echocardiogrpahy module?