The Advanced Echo module offers procedural tasks and clinical cases for learning and practicing a thorough, comprehensive trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE) evaluation, as performed to assess cardiovascular anomalies and malfunctions. Virtual patient scenarios include both adult and pediatric cases in varying levels of diagnostic complexity, where the learner can use a variety of basic to advanced diagnostic tools to perform a complete qualitative and quantitative evaluation. Step-by-step focused procedural tasks are available to learn and demonstrate competence in the echo protocols, from standard views acquisition to performing elaborate measurements. The full cardiac assessment is followed by a clinical findings report, which includes systolic and diastolic functions, hemodynamic assessment, valvular assessment and any functional or structural diagnosed abnormality.
- To learn and gain confidence in demonstrating TTE standard and advanced views acquired from the parasternal, apical, subxiphoid and suprasternal positions
- To be able to recognize structural and functional cardiac abnormalities
- To analyze the echocardiographic data both qualitatively and quantitatively, using 2D images, M-Mode, color Doppler and spectral Doppler modes
- To accurately perform various measurements such as distance, area, velocities and VTI
- To practice clinical findings reporting for various conditions, findings and severities
Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiology, Echocardiography, Sonography
Do you want to know more about the Ultrasound Mentor Advanced Echo module?