Tightening the Lower Esophageal Sphincter
Ideal for the training of general surgeons, gastrointestinal surgeons, and gastroenterologists, this module with state-of-the-art graphics allows users to practice the key steps of the Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication procedure for the treatment of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). This includes the dissection of peritoneal ligaments and division of the short gastric vessels. Trainees learn the careful handling of tissue and the prevention of potential complications such as bleeding from various vessels or damage to the esophagus, vagus nerve, crura, stomach and spleen.
- To safely dissect the peritoneal ligaments
- To separate the esophagus and crura
- To release esophageal circumference by dissection of the phreno-esophageal ligament
- To accurately and safely dissect the gastro-splenic ligament
- To divide the short gastric vessels
- To separate the stomach fundus
Do you want to know more about our LAP Mentor Nissen Fundoplication module?