A Set of Necessary Skills
Seven full-procedure patient cases for training of the fundamental GYN procedures: laparoscopic tubal sterilization, salpingostomy, salpingectomy and salpingo-oophorectomy. Trainees encounter a range of patient pathologies and gain experience with various techniques and surgical instruments. A variety of complications and emergency situations are included in this module, such as bleeding at the implantation site, a ruptured fallopian tube and a blood-filled abdominal cavity. As in all modules, this module includes 3D anatomical maps and step-by-step procedural guidance.
- To demonstrate knowledge of normal pelvic anatomy and handling of the fallopian tubes
- To perform tubal ligation, while avoiding unnecessary trauma
- To perform proper incision in the tubal surface and extraction of tubal pregnancy (salpingostomy)
- To remove an eptopic pregnancy (salpingectomy)
- To properly transect the tube, utero-ovarian ligament and vasculature (oophrectomy)
- To practice using an endobag removal device
- To practice using irrigation/suction
- To perform proper electro-surgery
- To perform proper inspection after removal of specimen
Do you want to know more about our LAP Mentor Essential GYN module?