Practice TEVAR in a Safe Environment
This module allows for practicing complete endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysm repair using a stent graft with a realistic deployment handle. The steps include aortography, precise deployment of all the stent-graft components, and touch-up ballooning. Complications such as endoleaks may occur due to incorrect stent graft sizing and positioning and may be managed by the trainee. The patient’s anatomies vary in aneurysm size and location, and include transections.
- To practice TEVAR in a variety of anatomies, including different neck diameters, lengths, and angulations, tortuous and calcified iliacs
- To learn to appropriately size stent-graft components
- To understand the procedural steps for safe and effective endovascular repair of a TAA
- To become proficient in planning an intervention in various anatomical settings
- To gain competence in accurately positioning and deploying a stent graft without compromising important vessels
- To practice identifying and managing endoleaks
Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Interventional Radiology
Do you want to know more about the TEVAR module?