Aortic Dissection Training
This module allows for practicing advanced procedures of endovascular thoracic repair, treating life-threatening aortic dissection using endoprosthesis stent-grafts. The trainee can practice deployment of stent graft components and touch-up ballooning. This module features live IVUS, and complications such as endoleaks which may occur due to endoprosthesis sizing and positioning and can be managed by the trainee. The patient scenarios vary in dissection sizes and onsets.
- To practice the procedural steps
- To learn how to correctly size the stent graft
- To handle procedural complications, such as endoleak or false lumen
- To practice identifying false lumen positioning of a tool
- To become familiar with IVUS imaging
Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Interventional Radiology
Do you want to know more about our Advanced TEVAR module?