Master Aneurysm Coiling and Intracranial Stenosis Stenting
This module is intended to promote the acquisition of endovascular skill sets and procedural performance for neurovascular interventions. Trainees will gain experience with various interventional devices and learn techniques for endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms and intracranial stenosis. The module provides an opportunity to experience and treat relevant complications: dissection, perforation, and thrombosis. It includes 6 aneurysm cases and 3 intracranial stenosis cases.
- Establishing the knowledge of neurovascular anatomy
- Practicing imaging techniques – fluoroscopy, DSA and road-mapping using a biplane C-arm system
- Performing diagnostic cerebral angiography – including carotid and vertebral angiography
- Mastering and achieving confidence in the following interventional procedures, in a simulated environment:
- Case 1-6: Intracranial saccular aneurysm embolization using detachable coils, including stent-assisted and balloon-assisted coiling
- Cases 7-9: Intracranial stenosis stenting
- Managing intra-procedural complications
- Hemodynamic patient management
- Intra-procedural pharmacological management
Interventional Neuroradiology, Neurosurgery, Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Interventional Radiology
Do you want to know more about the Cerebral Intervention module?