This module includes procedural tasks and clinical cases for the training of ultrasound-guided pericardiocentesis, accompanied by comprehensive educational aids. Trainees can choose between common approaches (subxiphoid, apical or parasternal) and practice key procedural steps such as palpation, ultrasound evaluation, needle puncture, wire/catheter insertion and verification as well as fluid aspiration.
- To perform ultrasound-guided pericardiocentesis
- To practice ultrasound evaluation of pericardial effusion and puncture site selection
- To learn and gain confidence in eye-hand coordination of in-plane and out-of-plane ultrasound guidance
- To practice needle puncture
- To demonstrate competency of a full pericardiocentesis procedure from selection of puncture site to fluid aspiration
Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Radiology, Critical Care and Emergency Medicine.
Do you want to know more about the PERC Mentor Suite Pericardiocentesis module?