This module helps trainees gain skills, manual dexterity and confidence in ultrasound-guided central venous line placement. Trainees can choose between common approaches (internal jugular vein or the subclavian vein) using in-plane and out-of-plane ultrasound guidance techniques and practice key procedural steps, including ultrasound evaluation, puncture site selection, needle access, wire insertion and verification. The simulated procedure is accompanied by comprehensive educational aids such as 3D anatomical map, step-by-step guidance, anatomical labels and organ puncture alerts. A detailed performance report concludes the training.
- To perform ultrasound-guided central line placement
- To practice ultrasound evaluation of the internal jugular vein and common carotid artery positioning and puncture site selection
- To practice ultrasound evaluation of the subclavian vein and artery positioning and puncture site selection
- To learn and gain confidence in eye-hand coordination of in-plane and out-of-plane ultrasound guidance
- To practice needle puncture in various anatomy variations
- To demonstrate competency of a central line placement procedure from selection of puncture site to wire insertion and verification
Interventional Radiology, Anesthesiology, Vascular Surgery, Critical Care and Emergency Medicine.
Do you want to know more about the PERC Mentor Suite Central Line module?