Box Training – But Virtual
This module provides practice on three essential tasks, including peg transfer, pattern cutting and placement of ligating loop, similar to the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Program (FLS) developed by the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). This module enables the implementation of a training curriculum for the tasks, while relying heavily on self-practice and optimizing proctor time.
- To become accustomed to the fulcrum effect, laparoscopic depth perception and hand-eye coordination
- To practice coordinated hand movements
- To accurately and efficiently grasp objects and transfer them to designated areas
- To train on use of laparoscopic scissors for cutting
- To become familiar with the method of placing a ligating loop
Do you want to know more about the LAP Mentor Essential Tasks module?