The Principles of a Safe Chole
This module is a didactic step-by-step tutorial of the laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure, recently improved by new graphics and haptics. Each task focuses on one critical stage of the procedure: dissection of the cystic duct and artery (achieving the critical view), safe clipping and cutting of the duct and artery, and dissection of gallbladder from the liver bed. Instructions on safe procedure performance are applied to the anatomical setting.
- To become familiar with the anatomy of the gallbladder area
- To learn the principles of safe and accurate clipping and cutting based on correct traction of the gallbladder
- To expose Calot’s Triangle by practicing correct gallbladder traction for secure and accurate clipping and cutting
- To perform safe exposure of vital structures using correct traction
- To gain knowledge on the principles of safe dissection and safe cautery in laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- To perform safe and accurate dissection of the gallbladder from the liver bed, by applying the principles of correct traction
Do you want to know more about our LAP Mentor Cholecystectomy Procedural Tasks module?