Practice Diagnosis and Endovascular Treatment
This module allows clinicians to practice diagnosis and endovascular treatment of peripheral arterial disease in the common femoral artery and superficial femoral artery using angioplasty and stenting. The module includes virtual patient cases, presenting different aortic bifurcation types and various stenosis location, degree, and length.
- To establish knowledge of lower limb vascular anatomy
- To practice antegrade and retrograde (crossover) access techniques in different aortic bifurcation types
- To practice performing and interpreting diagnostic angiogram of the lower limbs
- To learn and experience different catheter head shapes for crossover
- To practice safe positioning of a guide catheter or sheath in the common femoral artery
- To practice proper sizing and inflation of an angioplasty balloon
- To practice proper sizing, positioning, and deployment of stents
Vascular Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Interventional Cardiology
Do you want to know more about the SFA Intervention module?