This module allows clinicians to practice the Atherectomy technique for the treatment of stenosis in the Superficial Femoral Artery (SFA) and in infra-popliteal arteries. The simulated Atherectomy devices include the Atherectomy catheter and Burr systems. The trainee can operate the actual handles and get tactile feedback while hearing drilling sounds throughout the debulking process, making the training very realistic. Intra-procedural complications such as perforation and dissection may occur and require additional treatment by the trainee. The module includes a selection of virtual patient cases, presenting various stenosis locations, degrees and lengths.
- To discuss different approach strategies for atherectomy
- To practice safe positioning of a guide catheter or sheath proximal to the stenosis
- To practice maneuvering the atherectomy catheter while using antegrade and retrograde (crossover) access techniques
- To gain experience in debulking techniques using a variety of atherectomy devices
- To practice handling intra-procedural complications (dissections, perforations, distal embolization)
Vascular Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Interventional Cardiology
Do you want to know more about the Atherectomy module?