Perfect Your Technique
This module aims to enhance technical and procedural skills for the challenging Prostatic Artery Embolization technique, used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia. The embolization is performed by injecting spherical and non-spherical particles of various sizes.
The module was developed in collaboration with the PAE pioneer, Prof. Francisco Cesar Carnevale, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil.
- Become proficient in prostatic artery embolization techniques (PerFecTED and standard)
- Identify the prostatic artery and surrounding vessels in common and rare anatomical variants
- Learn to evaluate prostatic artery occlusion using fluoroscopy and Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- Practice management of intra-procedural complications
- Practice radiation safety (ALARA) principles
Do you want to know more about the Prostatic Artery Embolization module?