Enhance Your Technical and Procedural Skills
This module aims to enhance technical and procedural skills of transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) and bland embolization for the treatment of liver tumors and uterine leiomyomas. The embolization materials include various sizes of spherical and non-spherical injectable particles. The variety of patient anatomies enable practicing common as well as rare embolization scenarios: – TACE for small and large (>8cms) HCCs, Uterine artery embolization for leiomyomas. The trainee can select radial or femoral approach.
- To practice femoral as well as radiation access approach
- To practice radiation safety principles
- To practice performing aortography and sub selective diagnostic angiography u
- To become familiar with various tools including microwires, pre-shaped and steerable and microcatheters
- To become familiar with various embolic agents of different sizes, including spherical and non-spherical particles
- To practice usage of correct embolic agents, avoiding too distal and too proximal embolization
- To practice identifying temporary and complete flow cessation
Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery
Do you want to know more about the Embolotherapy module?