Understand Standard Projections
Allows physicians beginning their endovascular practice, to learn, practice and gain confidence in the fundamental understanding of c-arm manipulation and projections, in a self-directed and interactively challenging simulator setting. The tasks focus on standard views relevant for various endovascular interventions (Neurovascular, Cardiovascular, Peripheral, etc.), radiation safety as well as full procedure steps to follow with the c-arm operation.
Mini C-arm Model – The module enables connecting to a physical miniature c-arm model, enhancing to grasp the principles of a mobile c-arm operation.
- To practice optimal angiography, while considering radiation safety guidelines such as fluoroscopy time and c-arm angulation
- To become familiar with c-arm angulation nomenclature for angiography (AO, LAO, RAO, Cranial, Caudal, Lateral)
- To become familiar with the anatomical markers that assist in identifying the projection used – spine location, cardiac silhouette, diaphragm
- To gain confidence in acquiring standard angiographic projections required to best Coronary View RAO display peripheral arteries, upper extremities arteries, coronary arteries
- To identify the location of lesions and pathologies
Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Neurological Surgery, Interventional Neuroradiology, Vascular Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Electrophysiology
Do you want to know more about the C-arm Basic Skills module?