Become Advanced in Embolization
The Advanced Embolization simulation module enables training in different embolization techniques, using various materials such as coils, MVP and liquid embolic agents like Onyx.
This module presents a variety of common virtual patient case scenarios including splenic trauma, pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (exclusive), uterine arteriovenous malformation and pelvic venous insufficiency (male and female).
- To become familiar with various embolization materials, including micro coils, macro coils, microvascular plugs (MVP) and liquid (Onyx)
- To learn how to size coils or MVPs based on the target embolization site measurements and location
- To practice performing sub-selective diagnostic angiography to locate the target coiling site
- To practice the selection of embolization technique based on the embolized target
- To learn to avoid and manage complications such as coil migration and perforation
Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery
Do you want to know more about the Advanced Embolization module?