This module includes hands-on training on clinical cases of transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) procedure. The cases present realistic scenarios of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with small to large side lobes and median lobes and varying degrees of bleeding.
Accompanied by comprehensive educational aids, trainees can practice hands-on resection, visualization of anatomical landmarks, management of irrigation fluid and control of bleeding.
- To learn scope manipulation techniques for safe advancement and landmark visualization
- To safely handle the loop electrode to avoid capsule perforation and cuts into the urethral orifices, verumontanum, or sphincter
- To maintain a clear endoscopic field while using irrigation fluid
- To identify bleeding sources and accurately coagulate them with the loop electrode
- To perform a final inspection and landmark visualization following completion of the resection
Do you want to know more about the TURP Full Procedure module?