This module enables the practicing of a lumbar puncture (also called a spinal tap) to collect and inspect cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It also allows for accurate tracking on the needle stylet for periodical checks for CSF flow.
Features and Benefits:
- Ability to work in a lateral recumbent position
- Realistic needle with a virtual stylet
- A 3D anatomical map helps learning the anatomy to position the needle accurately
- Radiographic imaging and C-arm control helps to visualize the needle position
- To palpate and position the needle in the subarachnoid space
- To verify needle position and angulation using x-ray image
- To iteratively check for CSF outflow and correct needle position
Pain Medicine, Anesthesiology
Do you want to know more about the SPINE Mentor Lumbar Puncture module?