Ready-To-Use Training Programs
The simulator curriculum plays an important role in the success of skill centers and resident learning. Several publications have demonstrated the importance of structured VR training curricula and suggest that training within a proficiency-based virtual reality curriculum may reduce errors during real surgical procedures.
Surgical Science is very proud to work in collaboration with key leaders in medical education and surgery to provide our worldwide customers with well thought-out curricula. Within these, the simulator serves as a tool for delivering a well-rounded learning experience. The curricula are intended to enhance learner motivation for an enjoyable, effective, and efficient way of acquiring new skills using simulators. RobotiX Mentor™ comes with the following curricula, suitable for all surgical specialties involving robotic procedures, with a special focus on urology, gynecology, thoracic surgery, and team training:
- Recommended Basic Training Curriculum for the RobotiX Mentor
- Fundamentals of Robotic Gynecologic Surgery (FRGS) Curriculum
- King’s College Robotic Surgical Training Curriculum
- Urology Advanced Training Curriculum
- Thoracic Surgery Advanced Training Curriculum
- CAMLS Team Training Curriculum
The curricula series is provided via MentorLearn™, at no additional cost, to both online and offline customers. However using MentorLearn Online provides the advantage of allowing learners to access the didactic materials offsite:
- Using on-duty hours more efficiently.
- Reading objectives and instructions, watching videos, and reviewing performances can be done elsewhere – freeing up the simulator for other residents to use.
The ready-to-use curricula are provided as a structured method of training and can serve as a template for program directors at other institutions, who can tailor the curriculum to their individual training needs.
Do you want to know more about our RobotiX Mentor training curricula?