Reduce Your Robotic Surgery Learning Curve
The FlexVR® is a flexible and portable training platform which is designed to teach basic and advanced skills for robotic surgery to a wider audience, from medical students to experienced surgeons. The FlexVR allows trainees to quickly learn the fundamentals of robotic surgery, such as wristed instrument manipulation, camera control, clutching, energy control, needle driving, and suturing.
Features and Benefits
- Comes with ready-to-use curriculum packages: basic exercises and core skills, along with advanced skills; for a total of more than 100 exercises
- Skills training focused on efficiency, accuracy, and safety
- Folds to a convenient, storable size for space-constrained training centers, the FlexVR sets up in seconds
- FlexVR is portable – the unit transfers easily between locations
- Connected proficiency tracking
Exercises on a virtual simulator are a valid test of innate manual dexterity and can be considered to complement the selection process for a surgical training program, primarily to identify individuals with low innate aptitude for surgery and advise them to consider specialization in other (non-craft) medical specialties.
Completing a protocol of robotic simulator skills translated to expert-level surgical times during live human surgery. As such, we have established predictive validity of this protocol.
Download the FlexVR Brochure
Learn more about the the FlexVR simulator.
Do you want to know more about the FlexVR?