Support & Service
When you need support
Surgical Science is committed to advancing the field of medical simulation training through continuous improvement of our existing products. By maintaining long-term relationships with our customers, we get valuable information regarding the functionalities of our software and hardware products out in the markets.
One important part in our development work is to be able to learn from our existing products performances. We log every incoming support ticket in our database, it is categorized and we allocate the appropriate resources in our technicians or development team to resolve the issue. Our database automatically reminds the allocated party about the ongoing ticket until a solution has been delivered to the customer.
Let us contact you
If you need support or if you have a service related question, please fill out the form below and one of our service technicians will usually contact you within 24 hours.
Full Service Program
Surgical Science encourages you to sign a Full Service Agreement for your simulator. This way you will ensure that your simulator equipment runs at its optimum performance level, you will get the latest software and hardware updates, and all new exercises for the modules.
As a Full Service customer, you will have all the latest features, you will control your service costs, minimize downtime, and receive personal software training to fully take advantage of your investment.
The Full Service Program includes
- Yearly software upgrades
- Coverage for hardware breakdown: unlimited repair labor
- All replacement parts for the hardware
- 15% discount on additional software modules
- Priority over non-contract customers
The Full Service Program details
- The Full Service Program is available for the following platforms, LapSim® , EndoSim® , TeamSim® and Simball Box®.
- Hardware covered by the Full Service program is Haptic devices, instrument handles, carts, computers, tablets, graphics cards, and endoscopy scope, handles, tubes and tools.
- Only simulator systems in normal working condition may be accepted for service under our Full Service contract. To establish system working conditions, an inspection by a Surgical Science engineer may be required at customer’s expense, and all repairs necessary to return the system to normal working condition must be performed before a Full Service Contract can be signed.
- Only simulator systems less than 3 years old can be accepted for our Full Service Contract.
Surgical Science Repair Center
If repair is needed to be performed at a Surgical Science Repair Center, Surgical Science will be responsible for paying shipping to and from the Surgical Science Repair Center for Full Service customers. The Full Service Program will cover all applicable expenses within the agreement period.
Software Upgrade Program
- The Software Upgrade Program includes our yearly software updates and improvements package for LapSim® and EndoSim® .
- Online support including remote access control.
- The Software Upgrade Program does not include hardware upgrades. In case the new software version requires an upgrade on the simulators computer due to lack of capacity, Surgical Science offers a computer update by quote and an on-site visit by a technician, if needed, for a standard fee.
- Computer upgrades are included in the Full Service Program.
Service for non-contract customers
- For customers without a Full Service program, an hourly charge is applied for any technical service provided.
- Surgical Science also offers onsite service visits for a standard fee, replacement parts excluded.
Not the right product for you?
Take a look at our other solutions.
PUTTING VISION INTO PRACTICE
WHERE TEAM AND TRAINING GO HAND IN HAND
MASTERING THE ELEMENTS OF LAPAROSCOPY